Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Estée Lauder DayWear Moisturizers - Review

The last step for my face routine is to hydrate my skin. I've been searching for a good moisturizer for about 4 years now. Since I haven't a lot of money I often bought drugstore creas but I also tried a couple that are a bit more expensive than drugstore. For example I tried Garnier (blue packaging), LaRoche-Posay Hydraphase Intense Riche, Marcelle Hydra C and Biotherm for dry skin(pink packaging). I was always searching for something that would moisturize really well without a leaving a greasy feeling. Most of the one I tried did nothing... I would apply them and 5 minutes after, it was like I didn't apply anything on my face. I've been talking about that kit I got with sample products, well this was the only full size item. 

This is called Estée Lauder DayWear Advanced Multi-Protection SPF 15. I have to say that I have both the creme and the lotion. The retail price for both is 51,00$ for 50 ml. The creme fromula comes in 2 skintype, for dry skin and for normal to combination. I have the regular one. The lotion is marked to be for oily skin but it still works on me because I have combination skin and during the summer I get pretty oily on the forehead.







I would prefer the creme to have a pump but this is my only complain-besides the price- for this product. Otherwise it is a-ma-zing! I mainly use the creme formulation at night because it's very rich but it's not greasy. I would also use it during winter because I get very dry during that time so I have to be extra careful. I use the lotion during the day and I like that it helps a little with shine during the day. It feels really lighweight but at the same time I know it's really effective. The only thing is for both formulas, I prefer to let them really penetrate the skin before doing anything else. Obviously I won't apply makeup on top of the creme but I wait maybe 10 minutes before going to bed. 
I really like the fact that it provides a SPF of 15 because even if I should, I don't like to apply sunscreen on my face. I also like that it's formulated to prevent aging. At my age, I'm 20 years old, I like to think that I'm helping my skin to stay looking fresh and young. Talking about fresh, I have to say that this is the best smell for a moisturizer in my opinion. Both smell like cucumber and I really enjoy this scent. It feels and smells fresh and I love it.







I will definitly repurchase both products and I think they are worth the price.
If you have any question or comment please leave it in the comment section.
Have a great day :)

Photos were taken by me with my iPhone.

No comments:

Post a Comment