Powered By Blogger

Monday, June 11, 2012

Estée Lauder Illuminator Serum - Review

This next step is, once again, not an essential step for a regular skincare routine. First of all, I have to say that I have a bit of discoloration here and there on my face, I also have freckles and some dry patches. I really don't like the discoloration on my face. I usually wear foundation to hide it because I don't feel comfortable with that problem on my face. I'm not saying it's that big of a deal, it's just my preference to cover the rednesses or sun spots, etc. In the little starter kit that I bought about 2 months ago, there was this serum(at that time I didn't even know what a serum was). This is the only product of the kit that I haven't finished yet and that's why I don't have it in full-size. The sample was a 15 ml bottle.
It's called Estée Lauder Idealist Even Skintonee Illuminator. The retail price is 72,50$ for 30 ml or 100,00$ for 50 ml. It doesn't say what skintype it is for but I know that there is another serum called the Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher. I assume that the illuminating serum would be good for combination/normal/dry skins and the pore minimizer one is better for combination/oily skins.
The claim for this serum is that it will dramatically reduce the look of uneven skintone. It did a good job with redness around my nose and on my chin and I really like the silky smooth feeling that it gives to the skin. You have to be aware that there is a pearly effect in this product. However it doesn't leave the skin looking oily or like a glitter ball, it just add a bit of glow and if you apply some sort of foundation or powder, the shimmer won't appear. All you're left with is a glowing skin. It absorbs pretty fast but I prefer to let it soak in for like 2 minutes before applying my moisturizer. It allows the serum to really penetrates the skin and it's even more effective that way. For the smell, I have no idea how to describe it. It's a fresh scent but it's different from the Perfectly Clean line, I personnally prefer the PC scent but I still like that one. 


Since this is a pricey product, I'm not 100% sure that I will buy it full size but I still like it a lot. 

If you have any question or comment please let me know :)

Photos were taken by me with my iPhone.

No comments:

Post a Comment