Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Revlon-a-thon #4 : Colorstay Whipped Crème Makeup


Over the last year and a half, I have to say that Revlon has become my favorite drugstore brand. I own all of their liquid foundations and love them all (besides the photoready on but that's another story). I was very excited when they came out with this one because I have combination to dry skin so even if I take the regular Colorstay in Dry Skin, it still dries my face a bit. It cost around 16 to 20$ here in Canada. 

It claims that this foundation can be worn for 24hrs (which I hope I won't do), that it's talc-free and paraben-free which is good, and it also says that it's buildable to full coverage. "Bouncy, whipped formula feels ultra light and silky smooth." 

I have to agree with everything they claim about this foundation. I love it! The formula is great and very light, feels like skin and looks like it. As you can see from the photo, it's in a glass jar. There is also a little plastic lid but I dropped it on the floor so I threw it but it's better to keep it. I would prefer if it has a pump, just because I prefer everything with one but it's hard to imagine a cream product with a pump, I know! Haha! They made it very simple to select your shade because they took the exact same color as the original Colorstay which is a real plus! So for this summer, I was 220 Nude and it matched me really good. What's nice with Revlon is that they have in most stores, a good variety of shades to choose from. It doesn't have an SPF so be aware of that! Good for photoshoot but think about that on sunny days.



The finish for this foundation is semi-matte in my opinion. Since I do like a glowy or satin finish, sometimes I mix it with a bit of moisturizer but you don't have to! On my skin it wears really beautifully for the entire day, or until I take it off. I don't notice any shine peaking through (combo skin) and it doesn't oxydizes. The texture is very smooth and if you didn't like the regular Colorstay because it was too heavy for you, you may like this one better. If you still want to use a primer under this, even with the amazing hold, I suggest you use one that is water-based because the foundation is water-based so nothing will slide off. I don't feel that I have to powder over this, but I prefer to do it on my T-zone. I use just a light touch with the powder and Et Voilà! 


The bottom line for this product is that I really enjoy it and that I totally recommend it to anyone! I think even oily skins can rock this if well powdered. So I hope you all like my review and I will write soon! :)

Photos were taken by me with my IPhone4

No comments:

Post a Comment